Hello, Internet! Meet Reeses, a wee NYC rescue with a big heart who needs a loving home.
Along with being the cutest thing in brindle, Reeses is a seven-year-old cancer survivor. She’s also a “low rider” pit— folks suspect her stubby legs are the result of a Corgi mom or dad!
She’s very, very sweet and even more excitable. The latter means she needs to be the only pup in the house, not because of aggression, but because her play drive can be off the charts. Similarly, she wouldn’t do well with small animals, because she’ll want to chase ‘em with all she has.
Kids, on the other hand… Reeses loves kids! No surprise there, given pit bulls were once called "nanny dogs." Here are some more facts about Reeses:
- Cuddles and belly rubs make her a happy camper.
- She’s an A+ kong toy fetcher and kiss-giver.
- She’s house trained, crate trained, spayed and up-to-date with her vaccinations. She also knows basic commands.
- Because of a previous injury and the resulting amputation, she has a nubby tail to match her nubby legs!
- She’s made a full recovery after her cancer episode, and vets are confident she’s now totally cancer-free.
To learn even more about Reeses and to see more photos, check out Sarama Animal Rescue. And if you’re in the NYC area and are interested in meeting or adopting this sweetheart, you can contact her fosters at email@example.com or the rescue they’re fostering for at SaramaRescue@gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you can’t adopt Reeses but would like to spread the word, please reblog! Pitties, even ones as cute as Reeses, can be hard to find homes for because of breed misconceptions. Spreading the word really helps!
> Photos provided by Matt Miner and Sarama Animal Rescue